Public Organization «Independent Center for Human Rights Protection» was established and registered at the Ministry of Justice in 2010 and re-registered in 2015. The Organization is a human rights organization comprised of legal experts and a group of licensed lawyers specialized in defending citizens' interests; it has its own analytical capacity.
Presently we are involved in three programs:
- Combating torture and impunity in Tajikistan
- Legal protection of media representatives - Legal experts of the organization provide legal assistance and protection to local media.
- Legal protection of individuals experiencing forced eviction due to expropriation of land plots for public and state needs-Lawyers of the organization provide legal counseling and representation of citizens in the trials, those who had their homes demolished with no adequate indemnification provided.
- Access to information about government authorities and information of public interest.
- Strategic litigations including submitting individual claims to the UN Human Rights Committee.
In its work, the Organization involves lawyers, practicing defense attorneys, representatives of academia, journalists and others who have hands-on experience in human rights protection